Sunday, May 10, 2009

Bailout Accounting

"No money shall be drawn from the treasury, but in consequence of appropriations made by law; and a regular statement and account of receipts and expenditures of all public money shall be published from time to time." (Article I, Section 9, Constitution of the United States)

If this paragraph in the Constitution is to be believed, all anyone should have to do is ask for an accounting of where the Mother of All Bailouts (MOAB) is actually spending money. I guess I'm just naive enough to think that the Constitution is what drives the train in government.
This accountability clause seems pretty up front. Cut and dried. Black and white. No argument.

I want an audit, with trail, and with paperwork.

Does this make sense to anyone but myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment